mixtape music culture thought mashup - wasting bandwidth since 2005
21 December 2005 

The 2005 List, part I

Another year is nearly over and once more I am compelled to trawl the depths of my memory and bring you this year's list - things I've liked, loved, wanted to do icky and unmentionable things to. The rules: the 2005 list is entirely unrelated to 0-word reviews (hey - my house, my rules, 'kay?); items contained on the 2005 list were not necessarily 'new' in 2005, I just happened across them for the first time this year.


The Cat Empire - Two Shoes [album, EMI]
Missy Higgins - 'Scar' (on The Sound of White [album, Reprise/WEA] )
Fiona Apple - 'Extraordinary Machine' (on Extraordinary Machine [album, Sony] )
Laura Veirs - Year of Meteors
Jamie Lidell - Multiply
Scout Niblett - 'Ruler of my heart' (on Comes with a Smile Vol. 14: Words worn down to nothing [magazine mixCD] )


Megatokyo (Fred Gallagher, webcomic)
Girly (Josh L., webcomic)
DMZ (Brian Wood & Riccardo Burchielli, DC Vertigo)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Yoshiyuki Sadamoto & Gainax, Viz)


Me and You and Everyone We Know (USA, dir. Miranda July)
Serenity (USA, dir. Joss Whedon)
Sky Blue (a.k.a Wonderful Days; South Korea, dir. Moon-saeng Kim, Park Sunmin)
The Aristocrats (USA, dir. Paul Provenza)
The Cat Leaves Home (a.k.a Inu Neko; Japan, dir. Nami Iguchi)

Here endeth part one. Part two will feature...

...uh, stuff, y'know. Once I've thought about it.